Can you get referred to bsge centre from hospital or only via gp

Seeing hospital tomorrow trying to find referral info my really good bsge gyne on leave and being given appointments with general gyne think need to be referred to bsge centre. What's the best way to get referred ?

I have had superficial endo removed from uterosacral ligament and rectum last year so think I fit criteria for referral as also have adenomyosis and am considering hysterectomy but not with a general gyne obviously ......

I've can't find the post on here I've seen before re referral pathways I think can anyone give me a link please 😀

4 Replies

  • The general gynae team should be able to refer you! If you've had endo in the rectum then you should definitely insist on this! Good luck x

  • I asked my GP for a referral - I did have to argue my case quite adamantly as I was already seeing a general gyne.

    I don't know if this is the best way but it worked for me.

  • Under nhs guidelines and patient choice you are entitled to be referred to a BSGE centre of your choice and your GP can do this.

  • Thankyou ladies 😀

You may also like...