Had my appointment with the surgeon who carried out my Laparoscopy yesterday. I was hoping to get a date for my hysterectomy as I was led to believe that I was to be put on the waiting list in December 15 when I started 6 months of Zoladex treatment. It turns out that this wasnt done so I was only placed on the waiting list yesterday. She has put me down as a priority case rather than standard, so hopefully I should get my surgery sooner but the wait is still between 3 - 9 months frown emoticon She said I may be offered surgery sooner if I agreed to have another surgeon carry it out but she advised against this as she wants to perform the surgery, having operated on me before. She has also changed her mind about wanting to remove my ovaries and now wants to take them. When I asked if this was absolutely necessary she said it was as it would reduce the growth of Endo - everything Ive read or been told previously goes against this as I thought Endo had its own source of hormones for regrowth? I queried whether or not there was Endo on my bladder (due to many bladder symptoms) after my Laparoscopy and she said there wasn't. However, she told me yesterday that she had removed Endo from between my bladder and uterus during surgery. She has finally prescribed Tibalone to counteract the symptoms of the Zoladex injections, which will now be extended until I am nearer my surgery date. She has said that as she plans to take my ovaries I will need to be on HRT long term which will increase the risk of breast cancer? I had previously had no bleeding while on Zoladex but last month (5 months in) I had a bleed. It was nowhere near as heavy or long as previous periods but was out of the blue. The daily pain I have has been improved since the bleed and I do get some relief from the pain for a week or so after each Zoladex injection. Ive not been able to work since January this year due to the pain, fatigue and bladder and bowel symptoms. Apologies for the long post but I could really use some advice from you lovely ladies.. As some of you know I had a private consultation with Mr Penketh in Cardiff (Endo specialist) in February, who has now put me on his NHS list and wants to do a full excision of my Stage 4 Endo (I have adenomyosis and PCOS also). My question is, do I allow my original surgeon to do the hysterectomy or push for Mr Penketh to do both surgeries? Im a single mother to two teenagers and money is tight so need to get back to work asap as you can imagine.
UPDATE - IVE JUST TELEPHONED THE HOSPITAL IN CARDIFF WHERE I SHOULD NOW BE REGISTERED AS AN NHS PATIENT WITH MR PENKETH TO BE TOLD THAT I AM NOT ON THEIR LIST AND SHE WILL HAVE TO CHASE IT UP WITH HIM!