BSGE specialist referral

Hi, I had a laparoscopy in January and some endometriosis was removed and some was left due to it's location. Since the op I have been in even more pain than I was before the op and now have bladder problems! I am currently being treated privately as my husband has BUPA cover with his job, but my gynecologist is just a general gynecologist. I have found a BSGE centre that isn't too far away, how do I get referred there and do they take private patients or is it just NHS? I don't mind either route just as long as I see someone that is confident in dealing with endometriosis. 

5 Replies

Click on my name and have a look at my post on the treatment pathway.

Thank you, that's very useful information. 

I'm the same as you. I had my done privately and since then the pain has become unbearable and now they think I have IC too. I looked up my nearest endo specialist on the BSGE site, I've asked to refered by NHS and my appointment is June. In the mean time, I'm using my health care insurance via my employers to help with my care until I'm seen. I hope it helps you! I wish I never went private now! 

Thanks for your reply. I think that's what I'm going to do. I've found my nearest BSGE clinic.  Did you GP refer you to a BSGE clinic? 

Yes my GP referred me via NHS Choices. It's just the wait until my first appointment now. Your GP should be able to book you onto the clinic or you will be given a number to call. I hope you get an appointment soon :)

You may also like...