New to this forum but not to endometriosis, cut a long story short:
1. Excruciating pain since periods started at 15, heavy bleeds, inability to function, long and drawn out cycles used to be up to 14 days sometimes. Bleeding through clothes, bedding, pale skin loss of appetite all became very normal.
2. Diagnosed at 21 would you believe after being told for years I just had bad periods, breaking point was when I went to the bathroom and pulled the towel rail out of the wall with screws in agony whilst trying to make bowel movement.
3. Scared to number1 or number2 during period it was agonising.
4. Scared to go out as I would often go through clothes despite using tampons and towels at the same time.
5. 4 laps later and periods being stopped for some time ( which started a whole new set of symptoms) biggest one not feeling normal without bleeding and a constant bulge from bloating every day oh yes and pmt didn't go away even though I didn't bleed.
6. Now 31, 5/6 years since last op and it's worse I guess with age it will be migraines, pelvic pain, strange coloured bleeds, fatigue through the roof and now the fear of infertility every month is painful in different ways. Due back to gynae in sept who will say you need to get pregnant to which I will say but I can't!
7. Summary - you are not alone, a strong independent women that just wants to get through each month without having to feel like my insides are destroying me. My body doesn't support my mind anymore and it's so hard to be a. Understood and b. Helped.
Just wanted to share with you all, your not alone and it's so hard and I have concluded that if you don't have it you really won't understand. Amount of times I've heard yeah I have bad periods too they last 4 days I've wanted to scream! Hope this brings someone some comfort, somewhere.