Endometriosis UK

I don't know what to do

Someone please help. I'm 25, I have not been diagnosed with endo yet but my doctor said that from my description and symptoms she is almost certain I have it. I'm in absolute agony right now. Have taken pain meds, had a bath, and got a hot water bottle. I'm crippled in pain and not to sure what to do. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks you x

4 Replies

Hi - I am so sorry you are suffering so much. Can you describe your symptoms and are they just at period time or all through the month?


Ear enough all the time. Have been bleeding for near on 3 weeks, and now so bloated I look 6 months pregnant. I am in agony to the point I nearly pass out, sweat up and vomit xx


Hi - it sounds as though your symptoms are mainly period related so have you had hormone medications and have they helped? Bloating is common with endo. As it develops it can involve other symptoms such as back pain, leg pain, pain with sex, bowel problems etc which I assume you are not experiencing. I should ask your GP to refer you to an endo specialist for further investigation since she suspects it. Don't let her refer you to a general gynaecologist as they are usually not experienced enough to deal with endo and often miss it. Click on my name and look at my post on how to find a specialist. x


What painkillers are you on? Perhaps they could be changed/tweaked to give you more pain relief.

You may find a TENS unit helps - you can buy one online or from some chemists - as an additional tool.

Re: the constant bleeding, have you looked at tranexamic acid - ask your doctor - as this can help to ease it (heavy) or stop it.

There's also another drug - Norethisterone - which is sometimes used to stop a period.


You may also like...