Estrogen allergy?

Hi ladies. For the past couple of years I've been getting an allergic reaction to alcohol. It's not every time and I can't pin it to one thing. However, the past few months (since having my coil removed and going back to microgynon) it's become more frequent and now it happens when I eat, but again I can't pin it to one thing. I develop a nasty red patchy rash on my face, chest, back and arms and my chest feels tight. I'm being referred for allergy tests but my GP has suggested a link to Estrogen. Been on prostap, livial, coil Norethisterone and now microgynon during the past 3 years so wouldn't surprise me if my body started rejecting it! I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I am also under a bowel consultant for several issues that I've always believed are linked to my endometriosis but now I'm wondering if an allergy is affecting my digestive system? Thanks for reading x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, I've just booked a private allergy testing appointment at a private clinic, it's £66, don't no if the waiting will be long on nhs, but might be worth going down that route, they test 90 different food types and minerals, vitamins ect,

• Hi, I've just booked a private allergy testing appointment at a private clinic, it's £66, don't no if the waiting will be long on nhs, but might be worth going down that route, they test 90 different food types and minerals, vitamins ect,

• Hi Sian - I find I can't tolerate wine anymore and also any strong - especially blue - cheese. Temperature goes up, rash, hard to breathe. In my case it's so immediate I know the cause although not sure what exactly in it is the problem, guessing yeast. I had a vega test done privately many years ago when I was having IBS that helped identify intolerances - not everyone seems to be in favour of them - but a full allergy screening as suggested already sounds like it would be sensible for you. I find the rash inconvenient but issues with breathing/tightness in chest are much more concerning. Good luck!

• Thanks both! Have this week been diagnosed with some form of inflammatory bowel disease too! So food is my enemy all round. Bloody body x

You may also like...