Ovulation bloating/pain

Hi ladies

Can anyone help educate me or tell me they experience the same :)

During ovulation I am sooooo bloated. I then get contraction like feelings down into my bum. Like labour contractions I guess?

Is this the uterus contracting that gives this sensation?

I'm so uncomfortable and hurts to sit down:( feels like I'm full of gas. I need a release switch haha

Thank you for reading xx

4 Replies

• Hi I also suffer bad bloating before my period, I'm only small so end up looking like I'm pregnant. Unfortunately iv never found anything to reduce it, saying that I am finally thinking about giving evening primrose oil a go.

I also get the pains in my bowel that you described if I go to sit down I come flying up again as they shoot through, I do have endo in the pouch of Douglas though and been told this is why I get them in the bowel.

• Thank you for your reply

Although I get the pains shooting up when I sit during ovulation- I don't get any pain when I'm opening my bowels. I guess you do though :(

How did they find your endo? Scan or surgery?

Thank you

• They found my endo via laparoscopy i believe this is the only way.

I do also get pain when opening my bowels but think that's due to the IBS.

Good luck with everything.

• Hi, have you thought about trying the endometriosis diet to get rid of the bloatedness. I've been on a wheat free diet for years but recently cut out sugar and dairy and found it really helped, especially as I was always constipated too. Peppermint tea also good for helping get rid of gas.

You may also like...