Confused

I have had endo for over 14 years. It has been successfully managed for the past 9 years. However last year the Dr advised I stop taking the pill continuously and try the marina coil. I must admit after the initial few weeks of pain after the insertion, everything settled down and no side effects. I do not have any cycle and have not had one in the past 9 years. However in the summer I was doubled over in pain and the old memories of the endo pain came flooding back. To cut a long story short, I now have 2 endometrioma cysts (5cm). Just wondering if anyone else out there with a similar story. As I say I don't have a cycle and haven't had one in the past 9 years.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your lucky I'm on my 3rd Mirena and none of them have stopped my periods. It was half way through my 2nd coil I started experiencing endo symptoms. My scans never showed cysts x

• Can the Endo still cause havoc without a cycle? Really wasn't expecting more damage without a cycle? Still waiting to see gyny, guess they may be able to explain. Also was wondering if Endo effects the immune system as I seem to be catching every cold and flu going around, feeling fed up and sorry for myself. Not getting much sleep unless using pain killers every night and still uncomfortable