Endometriosis UK
34,128 members30,517 posts

pain relief suggestions? x

my first time on here people. having suffered for 10 years now with endo and the agony that comes with both physical and mental. i ask myself several times a day...am i being irrational???? my doctor has me on tramadol, paracetamol dihydracodeine, and meds to help with the effects of the meds being itching skin and vomiting!!!!! a month ago, i had my gallbladder removed cus of the damage from the drugs to my liver so im scared to take more? i cant breathe, i cant hold a job down and im a tired sicky grumpy bitch with a choice of be in pain or loose every other day to insane vomiting and dehydration from the meds....i cant even think of sex or conception due to the agony of ovulation but my wen i ask for diff meds tells me i be fine and gives me more.

any insight into how i can get better support/meds from my doc? every time i say im in agony can u refer me to gyni he tells me to make my own apointments. however ive had double figure laps now and i was fortunate to have health cover till they refused to cover the cost of treatments as it was ongoing, my gp doesnt give me refferals till i have a breakdown in his office...and he books me in for a mental health assessment!!!!!!!

if i am irrational/mental...do u blame me!!!

sorry for the essay, i have never spoken of my pains till now, ive just had couples counceling today pre ICSI wer i realised the hell on my shouilders i put on my husband.

never felt so desperate, a simple pain relief will change my life

any suggestions please???

love and hugs to anyone who got this far in my outburst


1 Reply

Hiya, you poor thing, you really are going through hell. The first thing you need to do is get the hell away from your doctor. He's offering you no support whatsoever and continually giving you tablets and causing you major distress. He needs to be reminded that he's only a GP and if he doesn't refer you for an urgent appointment with a gynaecologist then you'll sue him for neglect and for causing you physical and mental hell, he should be ashamed of himself, that's disgusting the way he's treating you. I know exactly where your coming from with the vomiting and dehydration and the pain is torture. A gynae will be able to prescribe you stronger painkillers and there are loads of different ones and your gp could easily prescribe you some-thing stronger as what he's prescribed isn't working so the obvious thing to do is change them. Pet were all guilty of taking it out on our hubbys, its absolute hell living with endo( both physically and mentally ) and when you have no support whatsoever and suffering the way you are at the moment its only natural your lashing out. I'm going through my third break-down in 2 years and it is tough and I wish I could give you a HUGE hug in person so I'm sending you loads of cyber hugs and if you ever want to chat or ask a question, anything, you can pm me any-time, Hope you get sorted soon, Hugs, Alison xx


You may also like...