Endo pain

I'm 22 years old and have suffered from agonising period pains since the age of 10, after countless doctors and gynaecologists i was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 years ago and had a laparoscopy to remove it. Even this has helped me and 2 years on I'm in complete agony everyday, despite being on the pill I still have 14 day very heavy periods. I've recently found out I also have a cyst on my right ovary and on my kidney. Would any doctor allow me to have an elective hysterectomy. I cannot cope with the pain anymore (I have to take pain killers everyday and am allergic to most including ibuprofen)

please help

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Unfortunately no Hun, I have been asking since I 19 to have it done and I'm now 28 I have no kids either. I even asked to pay for it and still the answer was no. I suffer all the time too. I only had surgery to remove endo for the 5th time in feb and already been in hospital, doctors and to see my gynae :(

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so much. Have they tried you on zoladex yet (or the equivalent) to put you into a pseudo-menopausal state? I suspect that they would be very wary of giving you a complete hysterectomy because of your age. What have they said they plan to do about the cyst on your kidney?

You may also like...