Endometriosis UK
34,144 members30,529 posts


Hi ladies

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2009. My periods are very heavy and very painfull.sex is very painfull and most of the time I bleed after. I have irregular bleeding and very bad abdominal pain all the time most days it is unbearable. I have just seen my gynaecologist which said that it is not endometriosis because with endometriosis you not have irregular bleeding or prolonged bleeding ???????????????????

6 Replies


It sounds like the gynae you saw isn't too clued up about endo! Particularly as you have already been diagnosed! There is no text book to endo and no two women will present with the exact same symptoms. I've had all of your symptoms, particularly before I was diagnosed and was initially told by a non-endo gynae that it couldn't be endo - I was diagnosed with grade 4 endo 4 weeks later via lap with a different gynae!

I would guess that the gynae you saw isn't an endo specialist. If I was you I would go back to your GP and request a referral to a BSGE accredited endo centre, you will then see an actual endo specialist and not a regular gynae - explain that you have already been diagnosed with endo and that you are not happy to be seen by a general gynae as you have serious doubts about their endo experience, explaining that is why the accredited centres have been set up etc. Of course your current symptoms may not due be endo but if you have already been diagnosed and it's been a good while since any surgery etc then endo needs to be at least considered, particularly as your symptoms are symptoms associated with endo. Good luck x


Thank you so much I think I am going mad I just the pain to stop :(


My endo was diagnosed when I had an episode of....irregular bleeding! It only stopped when I was given progesterone.

Because you have already been diagnosed with endo it would make better sense to be referred to someone who specialises in your condition i.e. an accredited endo specialist. Choose one from the bsge list and tell your GP who you want to be referred to. You have the right to choose on nhs. bsge.org.uk/ec-BSGE-accredi... or provisional centres bsge.org.uk/ec-BSGE-provisi...

Some general gynaes can be ok with endo but your current gynae clearly knows nothing about endo.

Hope you find someone better to help you. x


Thank you I will have a look now :)


Sounds exactly like endo! I have all the same symtoms and I was diagnosed with endo and had an op in April to remove it. Hope you get an op soon because it does help with pain, it does not completly get rid of the pain but it defiently helps a lot xxxx


Thank you, :)


You may also like...