Follow up appointment?

Hi ladies, I hope you're all as pain-free as possible.

I had my lap to diagnose endo on the 4th of October and was told I would have a follow up appoint in three months. Fives months later and not heard a thing! I have rung the hospital general appointments line but all they can tell me is that I'm on the waiting list and they don't know how long that will be. Should I try to ring another department? Gynecology? Any help appreciated!

Last edited by

4 Replies

• Try writing or emailing your consultant directly. But they really genuinely are busy people and may not be able to fil you in for a follow up. If you do have any specific questions which you cannot find answers to online or through your GP , perhaps include the in any letter, that way the consultant has the choice to reply to you or invite you in for an appointment to discuss things.

• Call the gynecological department and ask to speak to the secretary of your consultant. They should be able to get you sorted. Just keep at them. Good luck xx

• Don't give up, be persistent and you will eventually get your appointment. I agree, speak to the secretary, and keep speaking to her, I've found that they're the ones that generally get things sorted for the patient.

Lisa xx

• I don't have any contact details for my consultant. To be honest, I don't really know who my consultant is... haha I'll have to try gynecology. Surely they will at least be able to tell me how long I might be waiting. Thanks for all your replies!

You may also like...