Hi, would really appreciate any input on this.
I was diagnosed with 'gross hydronephrosis' in 2016. (I know thats not really a diagnosis but a symptom, but this is all I have in my notes). The urologist did multiple investigations then referred me for pyeloplasty. The waiting list was long and it was considered non-urgent as my kidney function is not too bad (it is up and down but not ever been awful and they have stopped testing so I have no idea what it is now). So I just last week saw the urologist at the hospital where they said previously they could do the operation- but now they are saying they can't do it and have to refer me out of area. He has said they will put it in as an urgent referral but the other area may change that so I have no idea how long now I may be waiting.
Does anyone know how long it is usual/safe to wait? I do have a stent now but they have to take it out as it has been in over 6 months and apparently may have stopped working.
Thanks if anyone can advise!