Just looking for a bit of advice/reassurance. I know visiting the GP is the thing to do but appointments are scarce so while I wait I thought I would ask about others experience.
I had a period of unplanned hospital stay because of lower abdominal pain with turned out to be hydronephrosis of my right kidney due to a narrowing of the ureter at the Pelvic Ureteral Junction.
Following lots of pain killers, antibiotics, drips and other delightful medication, a CT scan with contrast and a nuclear scan I was fitted with a Ureteral Stent as a temporary measure until I could be seen by a urologist at another hospital to proceed with pyeloplasty (taking out the thin bit of ureter and stitching me back up).
I have now been at home and signed off work for two weeks and was on antibiotics for the first 5 days. My condition improved after the first week and I even managed to walk half a mile down the road for a fireworks display on the 5th but since about the middle of last week (I think Wednesday evening) I have started to deteriorate again, with some new and quite upsetting symptoms.
I have started to lose weight, although not at a massively alarming rate, I have lost 7lbs since the onset of my problem, which was 3.5 weeks ago. My appetite is fine though.
I have had pain in my right side, which is to be expected and often get pain when I go for a wee, also expected. However I have also pain in my right leg, sometimes just down to the knee, but sometimes in my calf too. I can only describe the pain as a cramping sensation, which is something I haven't been previously experiencing.
I have also had nausea and on a couple of occasions, sickness and diarrhea, though I suppose these could be unlinked.
The worst and most upsetting of the 'new' symptoms is a feeling of tightness in my chest and struggling to breathe. This caused a somewhat unpleasant panic attack on Friday evening whilst I was visiting my parents and my poor old mum called an ambulance. I know that this could be anxiety related as I do suffer with GAD and have medication for it but I'm a little worried that things might be escalating in the Kidney department.
Has anyone else suffered unpleasant stent symptoms other than those previously advised by your GP or consultant?
I have my consultation with the Urologist in December then will need to wait some more for the operation so I want to try to manage my symptoms as best I can before then.