Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
4,540 members913 posts

I wish I wasnt the only one in the world :-(

I am one of the strangest diabetics doctors have met.. I am one of a kind and I wish it wasnt like that.

No doctor has an answer to my question and it scares me.

I was diagnosed 1 year ago at the age of 18 (T1) and Im not on any medication, no insulin, nothing. But my GAD test will always show that I am a type 1 diabetic. I had all the tests but no one can figure out whats going on.

I get high sugars sometimes and then it goes away.

Sometimes I get too low sugar levels without taking any insulin.

I need support... I feel like I cant live like this. I feel so lost...

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you tried looking into genetic possibilities - there are a number of MODY variants - some of which cause very intermittent symptoms. These variants are dominant gene so run in the family but as some can go undetected it is possible because the effect is so intermittent/small, it would be possible that it wasn't picked up.

3 likes

I’ll suggest it to my doctor, thank you!!

1 like

I checked them out but they say there should be no antibodies such as GAD which I have :/

Let's know your reports/results for your tests.

1 like

What?

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you mean. What tests?

Let your doctor decide. There has to be a cause we might be unaware of. Also try to correlate your hypoglycemia with your diet.

2 likes

We have done all tests. And yes I’m trying to focus more on my diet :-)

1 like

Have you tried a low carb high protein diet?

My blood sugar is normal no matter what I eat so I’m not making my diet a big deal.

1 like

Try being T1 since 1966. ? Believe it or not things are miles better theses days.

You may also like...