Different Strokes
847 members326 posts

Possible stroke?

Am having severe intracranial pressure with drowsiness, vertigo, attention and thinking difficulties. Could this be a stroke? Cerebral vein thrombosis, perhaps? Seeing the gp tomorrow. What questions should I put to her? How quickly can they diagnose this?

10 Replies
oldestnewest

It sounds as though an MRI or CT scan is needed. Your earlier post mentioned possible heart failure; has that been resolved? Have your meds been reviewed?

Trying to find out what condition all these symptoms could be indicating. Am going to ask for a scan tomorrow when seeing the gp. Lot of stress in my life. Maybe my amagdala is just inflamed. ? Not likely to be bleeding in my head caused by a stroke, could it be?

Hi,

How did you get on? I hd cvst in 2014 ...very rare apparently so took a while to diagnose...but I had two seizures as part of my symptoms.

Hope all is ok

Going to have a CT Scan in just over a week's time. Meanwhile I am trying to get plenty of rest and control the stress in my life which are both likely to be factors here... Thanks for your concern...

1 like

Hope you get some answers.....let us know how you get on. X

Things should be clearer after the CT scan. Will have to keep upbeat till then..

Keep well!! Maybe consider a therapeutic dose of daily aspirin in the meantime? Keep a diary of symptoms?? I was too ill to know I was ill in the first instance......but anyway there is hope ☺ ....even after cvst ive travelled a lot and adjusted my lifestyle accordingly

2 likes

Taking 75mg dispersible aspirin for furring of arteries. Thanks for the optimistic outlook. Nice to know...

Any news for us ??

Hope you are ok

Must have been a false alarm. Don't worry..

You may also like...