I am diabetic for last 13 years My fasting sugar 85-90 & level after food is 170-200. medication 3 times daily.Whether I go for Insulin?

I am diabetic since 2000.Age 54 weight 59kg height 163cm.Fasting sugar 85-90 post 170-200.last 2 years medication- comnb of Metformin 500 mg and pioglitazone hp 15mg after breakfast and comb of metformin 500mg and glicazide 80mg after lunch and dinner .

HBA1C is 6.3. .Iam also taking Shakti diabetic mix(curry leaves,methi seeds &,haldi powder mix)after food.Iam also doing water therapy for last 2 months.(1.5 liters of water intake first thing in the morning)

I feel my Sugar level is high post food even after all these medication.

What is long term side effects of these medicines?whether I should go for Insulin.Pl suggest long term remedy

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • No problem everything is your track since HbA1c is in range.

In your routine take 1/4tsp haldi, 1/4tsp daruhaldi (name of herb) with 4-6 tsp amla juice empty stomach 10 mts after water intake.

And shakti diabetic mix should be taken 30 minutes before meals and not after meals you will find the desired change in your blood sugar levels after meals.

• Thanks for your suggestion.Now I am taking Shakti diabetic mix 15-30 min before lunch and started taking amla juice.My ppbs ha sreduced by 15-20points and feeling more energetic..

• Your fasting level and HbA1c are very normal.You may fine tune your medication after consulting your doctor.Please do not think of insulin right away

• your pp bs is bit high. you can maintain it by diet control and some physical exercies folle=wed with walking both time.if ur doctor suggests you insuline. dont woory . insiline is very safe.. be always tenson free and enjoy life..

• Change your food timings and have small meals at intervals instead of taking one full meal at noon. You don't deserve insulin treatment. as seen from the results.

• First go for switching to LOW CARB HIGH FAT DIET. I have posted a lot on these forums.

• Dear Anup whether this will work well with me Iam not over weight and donot intend to lose any more.My height is 163cm and weight varies from 58-60Kg .In fact I would like to gain 2-3 kg weight

Iam working and most of the time is sitting in one place.

Pl suggest some suitable low carb high fat diet

• NUTS are best high fat stuff to being with so add 100gms nuts to your life.

Cut Wheat and rice and adjust life around vegetables (except potato), l;ess of carroty, beet and beans. Add paneer, cream,butter curd, full fat milk (no more than 100ml/day), chicken, eggs, cheese, coconut oil.

Your medicines will automatically come down and you will have better control.

100gms buts (peanut+almond+walnut+pinenut) is roughly 600kcal. Have veg soup with butter/cream daily. No biscuits, crackers, brown bread, roti por rice. It looks tough but it is posible. any on this forum itself live this life and have seen great changes.

You may also like...