Newly t1d

Hello i am 27 years old male , recently got diagnosed with t1d my hba1c was 11.4 .

Doctor prescribed me 3 shots of novorapid 6 units each before meals and 10 units trebisa at night . I just started taking insulin 2 days back but from yesterday after taking 1st shot of insulin in the morning before breakfast my BG was normal the whole day , the readings were like

Fasting BG - 138

Took 6 units of insulin

BG before lunch - 92

BG before dinner - 83

And today this morning after 3 kms running my fasting BG is 90

So I am confused if I take insulin as prescribed by my endo or can i skip it if my bg is normal ???

15 Replies

• As I am also taking ayurvedic medicine ime9 from last 20 days .

• Ayur medicine will NOT help in normalizing Blood Sugar and associated problems

Because they are not made of Original & Pure herbs and ingredient, its my experience of last 30 years.Do not go for Highly advertise ayur med such as

Right Sugar & IME9 all are spurious & fake ,Thereby using name of ministry of Ayus

Any one can buy formula from Ayus by paying certain fee and also get associated

with NRDC by paying membership fee.

No doubt Ayurveda medicines are best when they are properly made from

Original and Pure herbs & other ingrediants.

• Dear Type1dee,First of all try to be stress free.Please go through following link:

Are you sure that you are a type I diabetic?If yes then probably you need to take medication on the regular basis.Ask your doctor to decide doses of insulin as per your conditions.

Diet has key role in diabetes management.Also physical exercises are good for diabetes as well as overall health.

Wait for more replies from knowledgeable people in the forum.

In order to enhance your knowledge about diabetes management read old post related to type I and on the other topics.

You may also visit to and sign in

• Yes I am sure its type1 , my endo confirmed me that plus i exercise a lot and i run around 1.5 miles daily in the morning and 45 minutes walk at night.

And above all I'm following a strict diet chart also taking fenugreek seeds .

• Do not take advices from the forum on any standard issue. Read standard sources only. In case of doubt you may consult forum and accept answers consistent with what you learned.

In t1dm there is only one strategy. Exercise, food quantity, medicine all three in balance. 'Lot of exercise' is just absurd, against standards.

Please go through my article on what is the status of a forum. Good luck

• Thank you for the replies .

• Type1dee

Read Dr Bernstein's "Diabetes solution" book without fail.

• As TVMP said, go through Diabetes Solution book by Dr Richard Bernstein a Type 1 diabetic himself of 70+ years of managing his Type 1 diabetes.

Don't even listen to advise of guys here who aren't even diabetic and talk all ADA/AMA nonsense which will only make life of a diabetic more miserable. Don't even look at opinion of such guys. Guys who talk negative about forum, only pretend they have lot of knowledge. In fact, they know nothing when it comes to self managing diabetes.

On insulin dosing, never go for BLIND dosing that most doctors recommend because insulin dosing has to be in line with:

1. Carbs and proteins in each meal.

2. Pre meal Blood sugar levels.

3. Post meal 2 Hr PPBS target.

4. Impact of any exercise.

Meanwhile, you can also watch videos of Dr Bernstein on youtube. He has posted plenty of them. The type of advise from diabetics that you find on forums you will never find on ADA/AMA or such so called great websites. That's because diabetics sharing their way of managing diabetes have no financial interest. ADA/AMA and their fanboys all talk the same old broken diet.

Take a look at this Type 1 10 year old girl's success on diet change and her mother is a doctor herself and I know her:

Forum is the best place to learn, provided you can differentiate between diabetics sharing their own experience and not doing a copy paste from ADA/Mayo/etc

• Ayurveda has reduced itself to quackery. I have known many diabetics who have tried Ayurveda "doctors" and failed. Consulting a good endo, a strict schedule of diet control, medication and exercise including yoga, offer a tried and tested way out. Diabetes is not curable, but manageable.

This is my 35th year as a diabetic.

• narasimhan2003

I am sorry to say my endo failed miserably ......and most of diabetic here are here due to same.... they followed advise given by those doctors...and could not control sugar levels in spit of ever increasing medicines and complications....

But still I don't call them quack.... :)

• Great!

• @narasimhan2003,

Why not try LWMDR? It is a support therapy, initially. It gave me tangible improvement in reasonable time.

• What's LWMDR ?

• LWMDR is the acronym for Long Wheat Mash Diet Regimen.

• I just got my test reports my c peptide is 1.96 and hba1c is 10 and IGA ttg is 0.1 and all thyroid tests are normal.

You may also like...