Is it possible to sue doctor for prescribing statin???

During my visits to my doctor I was prescribed...even to level forced to start statin.The doctor even told me that a person can sue a doctor for not prescribing statin.(not updating his knowledge )

After reading so many things on net about statin....I wonder...if is it possible to sue doctor for prescribing statin to newly diagnosed diabetic or person with impaired glucose tolerance.

It is known fact that stain will set firm diabetes and will make person prefect diabetic who otherwise is just borderline diabetic and can get out with of that condition with exercise and diet control.

Is there any such case in India or abroad??

26 Replies

• Yes. you can. Pl. consult an advocate before going ahead.

• Thank you Vishvapriyajee......I am not thinking ...but just wonders....and just curious if is there any such case????and what was outcome....

Some one should sue so these scam will come to end....

Further it is known fact that Grape fruit/Chakotra/papanas has got sever and fatal reaction to stain.Non of doctors are making patients aware of this.

For more information one of my friend is diabetic and on stain.recently his dose was increased from 10 mg to 20 mg.Doctor never bothered to ask him even if he is feeling any discomfort of any muscle pains.

• Going to a doctor is your choice.Similarly selecting a doctor is your choice.As advised to you here take a legal opnion before jumping to conclusion if it is medical negligence.Otherwise if he is right he will sue you for defamation and you may have have to sell all you have to pay compensation awarded by court.Any such adventure may kick you.

• Thank you Vishvapriyajee......I am not thinking ...but just wonders....

I am just asking about possibility.....

However this is same as doctors scare people about PERCEIVED CVD risk of 10 years...

Some one told same thing to Angelina Jolie and she lost some vital things...

Be sure Mr Rao I am not at all thinking about any such ADVENTURE.

But advising statin to person who has impaired glucose tolerance and make him perfect diabetic is criminal.

You will agree with me Mr Rao.

• No adventure kicks back as strong as misadventure of taking drugs as side dish. Even Statin Funded statin cherleader Sir Rory Collins did not write a counter paper when told by BMJ to dispute what Dr Aseem Malhotra wrote against Statins in BMJ. In fact, Collins is so scared that he isn't willing to share the data for studying the side effects of statins with Dr Aseem Malhotra. Some $200 million in grants at stake. He was just insisting that Dr Aseem's article be removed and he failed to get that done and says that only he will study side effects baseed on data provided by a statin manufacturer for a brand that has patents expired. :)

If this chain reaction starts they won't sue back, they will opt for out of court settlement as they know they will get EXPOSED. Don't worry, some day it will happen. Wish India had class action law suit provision as strong as in the US. Then all these drug lords would be coughing up $3 billion each in out of court settlements for all drug frauds.

What will they sue back for when the complainant shows ZERO worth of assets on paper? All it will take is just an Anna Hazare type of movement against these frauds and no one can bully against public sentiments through ghost writers.

I am thinking of meeting Anna Hazare some day in his village :)

• Very nice !! Anup Ji, You are really a bold and awakened citizen !! Love You !!

• Moreover, fees of the advocates ..... !! They are mind boggling !!

• Normally in such high profile cases, advocates fight free and expect a cut in cash that exchanges hand. One of my brother's friend in the US lost his job during recession. Being an Indian he was meted out a very bad treatment by the employers and wasn't being given the actual dues. It was like take it or leave it.

He contacted a lawyer and deal was struck at % of cash to exchange hand and lawyer made very clear to him that if he contacted the company then the deal is off and he would have to pay $150,000. It was all in contract. Finally my brother's friend won the case and got more than what was due to him as the case was settled out of court :)

This friend of my brother is son of an Ex TOP COP of India who is credited to have solved a crucial case faster than Scotland yard. So, not naming him here. He also got a brand new replacement for BMW same way :)

• Indian law is not so much reliable so far. It is left to you to take action against the senseless doctors. Still it is better download proper medical advise/treatment through google search and go on adapting it. What I faced so far with the doctors that they are not available when you need them, as they will be visiting many hospitals and nursing homes as they are interested in money and not the welfare of patients. I call the three organisations as LIVING HELLS on this Earth - they are Hospitals, Police & Courts. You do not get justice anywhere. This is because nobody is interested in you/us. We have to take all precautions to keep us healthy to DIE HEALTHY at least, in this world of selfish people. You cannot expect kindness from Hell Managers/ workers. All are working for making/minting money and not to help human beings. They conduct unwanted tests frequently and they make us run like dogs to pathological Labs and everywhere. Now, to avoid such uninterested doctors and untimely visits. I am taking care of myself. So, I suggest you to acquire enough knowledge in Allopathy, homeopathy, Ayurveda and alternative medicines too. You can also study Accupressure therapy and apply the same for yourself and your friends. Here is saying like this: There is no such thing on Earth as an uninteresting subject, but there exists an uninterested person. In this way we can avoid medical mafia.

• Except for the defense, all professions with a Dress Code -- Lawyers, Doctors & Police -- "Bhagwaan Bachaye Insay"

They will skin you down to bones, once trapped. Of course exceptions are there, but exception is not a rule.

• All textbooks and all medical bodies in india & abroad recommends Statins.

If you sue you will be defeated and instead be sued back for defamation.

Instead you can choose to take or not to take.

This depends on what you choose to believe.

We who follow LCHF don't believe in these drugs...

• The Mafia is too strong.

Best way to SUE is educate how useless (and also serious side effects) STATINS are. Lot of information is available from doctors like Aseem Malhotra in the UK and Dr Malcolm Kendrick, Dr Sinatra et al.

STATINS are useless because it doesn't even prevent repeat heart attacks:

STATINS are not needed because LCHF fixes LIPIDS too, except in case of those suffering from FH or hyper-responders.

STATINS causes Diabetes. 47% increase in chances.

Statins will also get you to Hypertension drugs as it increases the level of insulin in blood. As I said, take one drug and they push you to another and then next till it becomes a side dish of drugs every meal -- Plypharmacy.

Many diabetics have dropped STATINS on switching to LCHF diet because LIPIDS improve. Total cholesterol is a useless numbers by and large.

So, self educated patients going off statins or refusing them is the only way. Januvia missed sales targets. Hit them where it hurts -- sales. Then they will reduce the safe cholesterol limit to 100 to increase sales and before that sponsor few rigged research to justify that reduction :)

• statin for what? diabetic dosent need statin.

• Some doctors want statins to be in drinking water supplies :)

Of course no pharma industry sponsored research is to be taken seriously ever.

• yes. class action suit against Lipitor has been initiated in USA. I was started on Lipitor since 2002. Later on in 2005, I was diagnosed with diabetes. Per this lawsuit, the patients claim that those who were on lipitor med have later developed diabetes, otherwise, normally, they would not have had diabetes.They argue that lipitor caused them to have diabetes. I was contacted by numerous law firms there to join the lawsuit. I do not know from where they got my medical record. i didnot join the bandwagon. Some law firm is going to gain and what do you get, a few couple of pennies. i am still on cholesterol med. Sometimes, I feel the cholesterol med is interfering with my diabetes control, inspite of my strict and regular diet control. i get frustrated since both diabetes and cholesterol are not going down, but either stay the same or go high, inspite of all my effort.

• Statins increase residual insulin in blood and increases chances for diabetes by 46%. Since posting links to same site is allowed once in 10 posts, here's the study:

• Dear all

Let me give a news

There is a top cardiologist in mumbai

I cannot name the Dr

He curses statins

He says that statins gave him diabetes

But he Still uses statins post angioplasty for the ploetropic benefits

Believe as I work for a pharma company as a zonal Manager and I also promote Atorvastatin..

• Shashi,

We know this STATIN scam. It benefits 1 in 120 who take it :)

119 are just taking it without need. Why just diabetes, it's bad for muscles too and isn't heart composed of muscles?

We are fortunate to have two diabetics from drug industry on and one doctor -- Dr Shalini from Mysore -- who is managing her 10 year old daughter's type 1 on LCHF. We are learning a lot on drugs from you and Arun Kumar and now with a doctor on board we know we are talking SCIENCE :)

• Someone silently switched to LCHF, three months back.

In three months, his A1C dropped from 9 to 7.1 - this is close to 55 points drop in eABG.

Cholesterol dropped sharply from 180 to 102.

So, now off goes 20mg of simvastatin out of the window that he was taking :)

He posted this few hours back, thrilled with the results that he achieved in three months by silently following what we talked with others.

Three months back he was losing hope with 2000 mg MF and 8mg glimi dose and yet sugar not in control -- A1C 9.0. His peak A1C was 11on BALANCED diet :D :D

And he is from US.

Dietary cholesterol has no relation to serum cholesterol -- Q.E.D.

• The incidence of myalgia or muscle fatigue is around 15% as reported.

Many goes unreported as its taken as a normal process of aging

• @Shashikantjee...

Thank you for sharing information....When I contacted one of the top cardiologist from Pune....I got very lame answers....

He is the one who operated my mother for angina pains....bypass year 1995.Till date (she is now 82) she is just on calsprin100...not on statin.

When i was prescribed statin by one of most leading Doctor on diabetes from Pune..I refused doctor asked for stress test.I went to same cardiologist who operated my mother in 1995.

My first question was to him that doc you were the person who treated my mother and she is fit till date...and you never prescribed statin to her....His answer was that " there are two opinions....patient should either start statin or aspirin."

I asked then what are you recommending me?

His answer was " let me check you first and then I will suggest"

I went thru 2D and stress test....I passed both tests...

Now I again asked him answer...he said if your diabetologist is prescribing then you should start.I asked him but doc i don't have cholesterol problem....on this then doctor opened my cholesterol report and said look here your LDL is 117 it should be below 100 any time...may this is reason your diabetologist suggesting you statin.I turned one more page of my report and showed him that naturally without any medicine my LDL was 80.

He said then go for lifestyle change.HAHAHA

• My LDL is 90 after eating tonnes of fat for 5 years lot of eggs, lot of vco all saturated :)

3 eggs a day with yolk is normal for me. Except for brief phase now where I am trying to enter into NUTRITIONAL Ketosis on veg diet + lots of coconut milk and 2 TBSP VCO a day.

Just hit minor "nutritional ketosis" today evening :)

• By the way my diabetologist has done some special research of diabetes and cardiac complication.And lecturer to Pune's best medical college.Also attached to many big hospitals in Pune.

Cardiologist Pune's one of the best and leading practitioner.I do respect him lot as he saved my mothers life.

• Its really great are really doing a great job by enlightening many souls.

May God give you long life..

Further is it possible that everyone who is convinced about bad effects of statin write to Central Government and create some pressure group so this scam will come to end??

Atleast we can start online email campaign?

• @cure

Pressure group will need some good Delhi based advocate to move a PIL, besides a mass awareness drive against Statins and High Carb Low fat nonsensical diet recommended to diabetics. In addition, some anti statins doctors will also be needed. All anti statin research material we can get from net.

You can just call me Anup. No need for "Ji" :)

• Atleast can we put up online campaign?? So similar to statutory warning written on cigarettes and tobacco products government will force them to write about Grape fruit reactions and other ill effect on the packet.

You may also like...