Age 63 indian. Taking medicine for last 5/6 years, Glycomet GP2 and also Pioglit were fine. Was reasonably OK for 4/5 yrs but BS started to increase last year. FBS shoot up from 110 to 140/150 and PPBS to 200+. Medicines not helping much. Tried Zalra etc. Currently take New Triglucored Forte 3 times along with load of supplements/vitamins like CCM, DSN, ECN etc. Still not good. Hb1AC was 7.4 and likely to increase gradually. Prostrate enlarged but PSA about 1.0.
Like to know :
1. Is it time to do c_peptide to check whether Insulin is required? How docs determine this?
2. Shall I do more trials with good Homeopath / Ayurveda
3. I have noted the suggestions in favor of Low Carb diet and I am sure it will help. But will that be sufficient with medium exercise etc? Which Fats I can take?
4. How to improve 'energy'- I think peripheral neuropathy has set in for me.
5. I am afraid that a metabolic disorder is the reason showing in loose muscle tone and pot belly etc..What should be my treatment approach - visit endocrinologist ?
Any suggestions welcome so that I can do further research which the doctors here hardly do - as it seems.
This blog space look to be genuine and I am happy with whatever posted so far.