Race Fever!

Crikey, I graduated last Friday and today I completed my first ever race! - The Broxtowe 5K. Talk about fast out the blocks, people just bolted at the start! I was already at the back but felt I had to keep up otherwise I'd have looked lonely...but its great to see all sizes, shapes and ability taking part.

Anyway, I completed in 35:02 and delighted with it. Having that goal of a race from the beginning of training was real inspiration.

Go for it!

7 Replies

• Congratulations! Good start to your post c25k running.

• Well done - that was fast work into racing! Really good time too. :)

• Brilliant! What fun and what an amazing achievement so soon after finishing C25K! What's next on the agenda? :D

Keep enjoying everything, Linda :)

• wow thats amazing, I can't imagine what it feels like to be running with loads of others, must be wierd?Well done you!, Julia

• That's impressive. Congratulations. :) That's one quick and confident transition into proper running!

• Brilliant. :-) Hope you are very proud of yourself because that is an achievement.

• Thank you all. Juicyju, I'd honestly say give it a go and sign up for a run. I always thought I'd find it strange running with others but it feels great because you are all there in spirit together. Feels great!

You may also like...