Race Fever!

Crikey, I graduated last Friday and today I completed my first ever race! - The Broxtowe 5K. Talk about fast out the blocks, people just bolted at the start! I was already at the back but felt I had to keep up otherwise I'd have looked lonely...but its great to see all sizes, shapes and ability taking part.

Anyway, I completed in 35:02 and delighted with it. Having that goal of a race from the beginning of training was real inspiration.

Go for it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations! Good start to your post c25k running.

• Well done - that was fast work into racing! Really good time too. :)

• Brilliant! What fun and what an amazing achievement so soon after finishing C25K! What's next on the agenda? :D

Keep enjoying everything, Linda :)

• wow thats amazing, I can't imagine what it feels like to be running with loads of others, must be wierd?Well done you!, Julia

• That's impressive. Congratulations. :) That's one quick and confident transition into proper running!

• Brilliant. :-) Hope you are very proud of yourself because that is an achievement.

• Thank you all. Juicyju, I'd honestly say give it a go and sign up for a run. I always thought I'd find it strange running with others but it feels great because you are all there in spirit together. Feels great!

You may also like...