Parkrun Bottler

I blogged last week about entering my first Parkrun... well I didnt and so disappointed with myself. My running partner cancelled late Friday and Im afraid that the nerves got the better of me!! I still ran on Saturday morning but it wasnt particularly very good in fact I convinced myself it was a good job I didnt the parkrun because I wouldnt have been able to complete it!! Sunday's run was even worse..!! Why do we punish ourselves this way... In need of a pick me up run quickly to restore my confidence.. :-(

4 Replies

• Aw, that's tough. But don't worry - things WILL get better!

• Never mind Margo. I'm sure you would have done it if your running partner hadn't cancelled. I know that I wouldn't have done my first parkrun by myself.

I haven't been for a proper run for nearly a week as kids still off school and motivation is slipping. I did start a short run with my daughter but when she was able to walk as fast as I was jogging I gave up! We did have a laugh though!

• When I read blogs like this I'm quite thankfull for being a lone runner. It has its downsides though cos when you do a run like Parkrun they are all so friendly and speak as they run along, now thats multi tasking I find hard to cope with!!! I used to sing when running through the forest tracks then I realised my catawhallin was scaring all the birds half to death. Don't put off your Parkrun you will have fun and meet lots of nice people.

• You'll get the chance to go again! I know what you mean about beating yourself up though, I went out this morning with the intention of doing 5k but it was so windy that I gave up and headed for home after only 1k, so I just did 2k. BUT I told myself that that's 2k more than I would have done if I'd stayed in bed.

At least you still went out and ran, whether or not you ran as far or in a certain place. There will be more Parkruns (and they really are great fun, I went alone and met some lovely people- so friendly and willing to offer tips to rookies).

You may also like...