Nearing the end!!

Well it has been weeks since I blogged and I must say, the running has been tough. Actually, the running itself has been fine it's been fitting it in that I am struggling with. Since going back to work I have been thrown off my schedule which I need as routine keeps the "demons" at bay. I just accepted that I ran on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, without question, and did what Laura told me. Now I feel a little "off plan" so its easier to give in to the temptations not to run. Illness stuck me down for a week and being a chest infection it actually set me back quite a bit. That being said, I am on week 9! How I got here is beyond me. Im not the fastest runner by any means (8.4 minutes per killometer) but this morning I ran solidly for 30 minutes!!!... that blows my mind :-) 2 more runs like that and I graduate.. Already looking forward to Bridge to 10K :-D

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done keeping going. I just did w8 r3 today, nearly didn't because of the wind but I'm so glad I did. I'm worried about keeping it up after I graduate, like you I need routine to keep me going. I need to try and speed up a bit when I finish though as I currently only do 4k in 33 minutes which I just worked out is about the same as your speed.

• 4k in 33 minutes is still pretty awesome... I remember my first 1 minute run of w1 r1, wow did I think my heart was going to pop....now 30 minutes straight! I have never had faith in fitness "programs" in the past really but this one does what it says on the tin :-) I look forward to seeing your graduate badge in a week or so loulou x

• Wow, madmummy, you are doing brilliantly! Keep it up. It can't be easy combining this with going back to work. :)

• Im still going green legs, tough as it is though. Hows your running? are you doing bridge?

• You're still keeping on with the program so that's great. Some people get up early to do their running first thing so it's done and out of the way. But I like to go directly after work. Hopefully you'll get some type of scheduled figured out.

• Thanks for the support TX, unfortunately I can't really get up earlier to run as it would mean a 5am wakeup and I dont fancy running out at that time, plus I have a baby to feed around that time :-( I do prefer the morning to be honest but I start work at 7:30 so something has got to give before I have the time to run. I tried running at work on my lunch break but find that so hard to get my head into it.

You may also like...