W8R1..... Non starter :(

This is the first time I haven't made it and feeling pretty dissapointed :( I actually woke up early hours with a slight pain in my side but decided it would go away by the time I got up to run. It definitely dulled by 6am so decided to set off. Very rapidly it started to nag again...feels like an aching muscle and after a brief five minutes decided to slowdown and give it up for today..... Hope to try again tomorrow but not a great feeling... Ah we'll, guess I'm only human and I have got 7 weeks without any hiccups behind me.... I shall persevere :)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The way I looked at was that this was something I was learning to do for rest of my life (or as long as I can tie a pair of trainers!) so any delayed runs, even if by weeks, was just the smallest of blips... think of the long term.

• Sensible advice from pinkhat. It's hard to know sometimes whether we should run or not with a niggle, you gave it a shot and that's the main thing. Hope you're feeling tip top again soon Finally.

• don't get too down about it, there's a terrifying statistic about the number of runners who injure themselves (which of course as I type I can't remember) you really don't want to be one of them - so take it easy. You're so so near the end!

• just put it behind you as a bad day - accept there will probably be more ahead but you know you can do the running if you've reached week 8. Congratulate yourself on that.

You may also like...