W1R2.....forgot my gloves...Brrrr!!

Well did my second run today and it went well considering the wind is very high and it's -1°c. I wrapped up well with thin layers and the body felt warm, but alas, this stupid woman forgot her gloves. My hands are like ice blocks.....typing one fingered...lol. Message to self...DON'T FORGET YOUR GLOVES!!

Getting back to the running, I had to adapt my path because of the wind direction and it was just too much to run into the wind so instead of a circuit I just ran back and forth. Not so interesting but it helped me to keep going. The people who ran in the snow and ice over this dreadful winter: I take my hat ( buff) off to you. I don't think I'm ready to tackle that yet.

Can't wait for Friday, although it has forecast rain, I will still be out doing my W1R3....yipee :)

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Snow, ice and cold are fine.......wind I hate but use it for resistance training now! ;)

Week 1 nearly done, good on ya rockchic! 8-)

Sue

• Good idea about resistance training.....never thought of that 8) I'll try it next time!

• Ooh feel cold just thinking about it, congrats on the run and I hope the good weather comes along soon.

All the best

Dale

• I hope so too, but I suppose once you've ran in the wind rain and cold there are no more excusses left.....;0)

• Good work rock, keep it up Ed x

• Thanks Ed :)

• I think running in the rain is quite refreshing , how are you getting on with Laura's music x I can't run to it :(

• I have thought of using my ipod and a stop watch instead. Might try it and see if it works?

• Sorry meant to say well done you x

• At the moment I've had no problems with it, although at first I was running too fast. Try what trailfinder does and see if it works better for you. Whatever you do don't give up...:)

• I did the same!! Left my gloves and my hands were so cold and horrid!!! Well done for going back and forth and still being motivated!!!

• Luckily it was only for a short time....Sue uses it as resistance training so I might try that next time.....with gloves lol :)

You may also like...