Feeling just a little pleased with myself today. (Lots of numbers, sorry)

I'd noticed recently that without doing anything in particular, I'm running faster. I couldn't understand why I was finding it tougher to make 30 minutes never mind the 5k until I checked my stats properly.

My Wk9 R3 time in December was 32:03 for 4.68K - an average pace of 6:49 min/km

On Sunday, I realised I was running faster than normal so decided to see how far I could run at that pace and managed 3.8k in 24:14, ave pace 6:23. That nearly did for me I have to admit! But after a 5min or so walk and a slow trot up the incline, I thought I could do a gentle jog back home and completed another 2.03k in 13:31 at 6:40!

So, today was meant to be a steady distance run, preferably 7k as I really want to make 8k by the summer. I knew I was going faster again, so thought - okay, let's give it a go and actually did 5K in 31:56! Average pace 6.23 min/km! I have no idea where that came from and I don't think I could have run much further at that pace but I am chuffed to bits with it.

Another 5min walk & then slowly up the incline, 0.55k, into a pretty brisk headwind, walk 3mins and a jog back. This turned into 3k in 20:18.

So, total distance just over 8K. Pace steadily increasing. Not sure I'll actually be able to walk tomorrow - but what the hey!

Just have to work on joining the runs up now!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • WOW!!! Well done x

• That's quite a step up from your graduation pace - fantastic!

• Good progress, well done !

You may also like...