C25k Graduate. Who, me? YES, Me!!

Well, I did it!! I've completed the Wk 9 challenge!

Wasn't my best run; for some reason, even though it's what I've been working towards for 9 weeks, I just wasn't enthusiastic this morning and even thought about leaving it another day but decided that's the slippery slope! At least the sun was shining so I really had no excuse.

Went a completely different route just to mix it up but hadn't realised there were a lot of long slopes along the way which I could have done without! In retrospect, it probably wasn't that hard but I just didn't seem to have my rhythm today. Still, I managed 4.68km in 32.03 so I'm pretty pleased with that. I had hoped to do a little more but started to feel a tweak in my lower back and decided that it wasn't worth the risk.

BUT - I've graduated!! I set myself the goal to complete it by Christmas and I've achieved so much more than I ever thought possible when I set off on Week 1 and ended up gasping and exhausted!

I've run for over 30 mins, and further than 5k.

And I'm chuffed to bits!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Absolutely brilliant dottie and congratulations! You have every reason to be chuffed to bits! Relish the moment and welcome to the grad club!

Sue x

• Well done dottiemay!!! Brilliant! Enjoy your hard earned graduation :)

• Well done you! Got the bottle in the fridge? :-)

• Congratulations, Dottie!! Merry Christmas!! What a brilliant present to give to yourself...a fitter you topped off with a shiny new "Graduate" badge!! :-)

Enjoy your success!! You most certainly have earned it!! :-)

Keep Running!! :-)

Steve

• Well done and huge congratulations on your graduation. I bet it feels amazing, all that hard work has come to fruition.......take a bow ;) x

• Well done dottiemay! Hope you enjoy the next run, sure you will!! :)

• Thank you everyone! Yes, it does feel *very* good!

Good luck to those of you who are so close yourselves - keep going, you can do it too! :-)

love dottie xx

• Well done dottiemay - you're amazing.Congratulations on your Festive season graduation.

• Well done and congratulations! Isn't it an amazing feeling when you look back at the first week's workout and realize what you've done!?

• Congratulations, you graduate you! Well done, and enjoy that feeling - you deserve it :)

• Well done Dottiemay... this is agood week for new graduates it must be the Christmas target thing. I think we can enjoy some of the Christmas trimmings now knowing we can run off those extra pounds in the new year.

You may also like...