Week 5 Run 3 take two!

Went out just before 4 to do my Week 5 Run 3 and started struggling after 5 minutes. After several starts and stops I came across an open door on a building that I pass every run. There's an elderly gent of 88 missing here since Thursday so I thought I'd call the police station just in case he'd gone in. That took about 5 minutes and then someone came along who I knew and the run went out of the window.

Got home and had a cuppa then decided to rerun again. This went much better and I managed the whole 20 minutes. So much happier now! And thank the stars for Voltarol Cream. Dunno why but I seem to run much better in the dark. Maybe it's because I can concentrate on the music and there's less people around? It was tough going particularly after Laura announced the 5 minute mark and then the 10 minute mark. At 18 minutes I was adamant I was not going to stop even though I had to go uphill beside a busy road and I'd just passed someone I knew from up the school! Now onwards to Week 6. I can do this, I can make it to the end of the course!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done auranya. Was the missing guy found in there? Good luck and keep going, Ed x

• You can indeed do it. Well done on completing this run, Its the time I too realised the end was possible

You may also like...