Living the High Life

Had a busy week with not a lot of time for runs. Managed a short run on Monday night in the pitch dark, just 16 minutes but lots of it was up hill!

Now we all know the nice feeling one gets after a run with the endorphins flowing. I don't know what it was about this short run but I felt incredible. I mean really, as if I had taken drugs (I hadn't incidentally). Life's worries were a mere bagatelle to me. Now I have just had another run (did Speed again) and I feel good, but not THAT good.

I wonder why?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hmmm. It would be great if you could guarantee that feeling with every run, wouldn't it? and it's a bit of a mystery why it doesn't - perhaps it's like anything really in its unpredictability. Maybe you're wired for short, sharp, uphill runs!

• Know exactly what you mean, had one of those fantastic runs myself this week, turned a moody day into a fantastic day, but other days hmmm.

Well, we will have to keep running to find the fantastic ones :-)

• I just love those runs - wish there were more of them.....It just proves though that the best runs don't always have to be the longest. Enjoy!

Sue

You may also like...