Week 4 in the bag! Anyone for strength and flex?

Week four is done! Lovely frosty morning I really have got the bug. Started the strength and flex programme yesterday. I have been feeling for a while I needed to do something else on the rest day like C25k It was a very gentle start, but oh those squats! Not sure it's what my knees need. A bit apprehensive about what week 5 is going to bring. :)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done on completing week 4 Tricia! Week 5 will be fine; just take it easy, dont rush and you will get through it, no problem.

I dont do the strength and flex but do workouts to Davina which include lots of squats too which can be a killer especially if I do it too soon after a long run; its usually my thighs that suffer though rather than my knees.....its all good though!

Sue

• Hi, well done on your progress with the running! You will be fine with W5, the programme prepares you for it!! (although I freely admit I felt totally doomed going out to do the dreaded W5R3 - but I did it!)

I can thoroughly recommend Strength & Flex, started about W7 doing it on my non-run days. I still do the week 5 podcast at least once a week. The squats are a killer but somehow I kept going.

Good luck with Strength & Flex and also for your W5 runs!

• Thank you both. Every time I go out for a run I find it hard but paradoxically find it easy. Sounds bonkers I know, but I suppose the relief and euphoria of finishing a run makes me feel that way. I am loving it! :))

You may also like...