Week 8 run 1 - morning running is my thing

Went out for W8R1 this morning. Decided as it was a 28 minute run that I'd try and run 5k within 28 minutes (did it in 28 min 10 seconds last week so achievable). Was a lot warmer than I expected - had long and short sleeved tops on and gloves but gloves soon came off and wished I could have taken the long sleeved top off :-D

Am definitely enjoying running to my own music more - highlights today included Golden Brown by the Stranglers, Wake up Boo by the Boo Radleys and Love it When you call by the Feeling. Ran part way along a main road near me and when I was coming back enjoyed the fact I was going significantly faster than the cars driving along!

Got down to one minute left and was over 3 miles so really went for it and finished in 27 minutes 44 seconds. Only 5 runs until graduation - am starting to think about doing the York 10k next August as was great fun when I did it in 2010. And think I could try breaking an hour for that one now...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Wow well done! It seems you've really cracked it with your pace. I did W8R2 today and am nowhere near as fast, but thay'll come I guess. My last song today was Monster by The Automatic. "what's that coming over the hill is it a monster?" no, in my head it's an out of breath, beet root faced girl!

You may also like...