Onwards and upwards

Quite literally upwards in some places.

I went running outside this morning, the first outside run since last Thursday, I've been piddling around on the treadmill this week.

I 'closed the circle' that I ran for the graduation week runs. Back then I was heading out along the road, quick nip through the woods and then follow the road up for a loop at the aerodrome before returning the same way. This morning I missed that small loop and carried on, out the far gate, hung a left, past the pub and down the road before a quick trip through different woods and home.

It was very pleasant but absolutely shattering! Before 'home' was downhill, today I came in at the bottom of the road and the last 1.5Km was up a 'gentle' incline. Yeah, gentle, it is in a car, in fact in a car you'd swear it was flat, but it was a killer this morning. I got to the Glade, can I make Keston? Yes, any chance Waddington? If I get to Waddington it's only a short distance to Shirley which closes the circle. Made it! It was nice to slow down to a walk for the final (steep, even in a car) uphill cool down walk home.

Total distance 5.39K

Time (according to the timer it was 3 minutes something, oops, I accidentally turned it off) about 44 minutes.

So what did I do then? I had a quick shower and then went to the gym with a friend for our regular Thursday slot. I think I'm going to vegetate for the rest of the day!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...