W8R1 success!

I was putting off my first run of week 8 all day yesterday but finally managed to drag myself out the house. It was quite windy and cold and towards the end started raining which I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I might but definitely better than the sun!

After my success of W7R3 I knew I could maintain a good pace but having changed the beginning of my route, I started right at the bottom of a hill. I decided just to give it my all to get it over with and went up it at a good pace and covered it in around 1-2minutes but it certainly did tire me out and meant I had to steady my pace after to get my breath back. But the good news was I covered the first kilometre in 5mins22secs! Which is a pb by a whole 33 seconds. My second km also came in under 6 minutes but by the third km I was really getting tired - probably partly psychological as I knew I had run the first 2 kms much quicker than usual. Anyway I tried to keep a reasonable pace and was very pleased when endomondo told me I had covered 4km in 24minutes8secs! I found the last 3-4 minutes really tough and really didn't have much left in me to speed up at the end but I was absolutely thrilled to see at the end of the 28 minutes I had covered 4.64km!! I really feel like 5k in 30minutes is in reach now, even if it takes me a few extra runs after graduation to achieve it.

I was on an absolute high for the rest of the day and I'm now itching to get out for my next run. It was a really tough run as I definitely pushed myself harder than usual but it was 100% worth it and I will be very pleased to equal that distance again tomorrow.

Only 5 runs to go! Cannot believe how quickly these weeks have gone and really cannot give this programme enough praise. I'm already getting excited about what I will do post-c25k and am definitely going to buy some nice running gear as a reward for finishing.

Good luck to everyone!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • That is a brilliant post, well done, you should be proud :-)

You may also like...