Weather almost put me off

I almost didn't run last night as it was cold and a bit drizzly when I got home from work. But then I thought I can't make excuses like this, especially when the weather is not *that* bad. Somehow after I'd changed and stepped outside the sky cleared and the sun came out, yey!

I was quite cold at the start but this 28 minute run was much better than the first. I ran the same route but covered more distance, to my surprise and sped up a little in the last 5 minutes, and then a bit more in the last minute :). In the middle of it I felt quite tired and started doubting if I could even finish it, but once I focused my mind some on something else that soon passed. As always I felt great when I'd finished. That is what I try to think about when I feel the doubts creeping in.

One more week 8 run left, yikes!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Dont let the cool drizzle put you off, it is really refreshing to run in those conditions in my humble opinion!

• Certainly better than the heat a few weeks ago. I think I'll have to get a waterproof armband for my ipod though, before I kill it! As ever the hardest part is getting out the door.

• I had the same thought deryn61, cool drizzle, perfect running weather :-)

Well done on week 8, you must be starting to get excited!

• Indeed Phil. Four more runs to go! I've registered with my local Parkrun too to keep me motivated after I've finished the programme.

You may also like...