Fun run

After doing Wk7R3 yesterday, going out late last night and planning the usual day off from running today, I woke up feeling good and wanting to go for a run, just a run without the pressure of it being a slight 'pass or fail' situation of one of the official C25K runs. So I made a playlist of 30 mins music plus the 5 mins walks start and finish and went off with the dogs thinking if I walked at any point, who cares. Amazed myself and ran continuously for over 30 mins, did some really horrible hills too and even managed to keep running while a weird french woman shrieked at me to keep my dogs away from her poodle. I can't quite believe it, 30 whole minutes and feel ok and not at all dead. Great programme.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations! you must be so proud of yourself! :) Keep up the good work! xx

• Thanks nicostar!

• Aaahhh Suki you've been bitten by the running bug for sure ;) Make sure you take a rest day or 2 now though, your muscles will need time to recover even if you do feel good. Walking your dogs will do you no harm though and they will be happy too. :) Well done.

• Thanks Oldgirl. Ah yes, I'm definitely having a day off today don't you worry! ;-)

You may also like...