4 Weeks down, 5 to go... But is anyone watching the Olympic 10k?

I felt pretty chuffed when I managed to run a wee bit faster today to finish week 4, but right now I'm watching the Olympics and feeling a bit like... an amateur! It's definitely made me feel really good about running, and taking part in C25K. I mean, who knew anyone could run 10k that quickly (31 minutes)?

Roll on Week 5, and the halfway point! :)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The fastest time in the 10k race I did a few weeks ago was 31 minutes 5 seconds ! It took me 1 hour 9 minutes :-) I was amazed by the winning time, so impressive !

We may be amateurs but at least we are moving......

• Yes! As I was running the other day some teenage boys drove past in a pickup truck and yelled some unkind comments at me as I plodded along. I thought 1) shame on you, because I'm old enough to be your grandmother and 2) at least I'm out here doing it.

• It's SO annoying isn't it? Shame on them and good for us older women!

• Fantastic wasn't it!!!?

Well done on your improvements and getting to week 4! You have to start somewhere, fancy a 10K in Rio?

Best of luck for week 5

xx

• i dream of doing 5k in that time!

• Watching the mens 10000 meters as I type (vodka in hand) I am never going to be an athelete! :)

• I watched the men's 10k last night too. I think I'll be happy enough if I can run 5k in that time! The Olympics have been amazing though. Go Team GB! :)

You may also like...