Can't run :-(

I'm so disappointed because I haven't been able to run for a week now. I did an intermittent 4 miles last Thursday then didn't run at the weekend for various reasons including the heat and strong winds, then on Monday I was out shopping and realised that I was really struggling to walk and had a lot of pain in my hip and calf on my left leg. So I have avoided running but I'm still finding it painful to walk. I don't know how long I'll have to rest - but I don't want to aggravate it as we are going to Italy for a couple of weeks and I don't want to be limping there! But this may mean I have a prolonged break from running as, although I plan to take my running stuff with me, I am concerned that it will be just too hot to run.

Will I be able to get back into my running after a break or will I have to start all over again?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I certainly hope I can get back after a break (my ankle though lol)

Seriously though if it is a prolonged break come back but startr a w5r3 and do the 20 mins if it goes ok try 25 then work up from there.

Have a lovely holiday.

You may also like...