Oops - sorry Laura, didn't realise I'd been running that long!

This morning, I headed out for W6R2, which I wasn't sure I'd recovered enough for (seems that the longer the runs, the more time I need to recover - which makes sense, but is slowing me down!), with my trusty mp3 and Laura talking in my ear.

However, disaster struck. When I got about 8 minutes (I judge this by the point I was in my route) into the first 10 minute run, Laura and her cheery music suddenly cut out.

It turns out when I got my MP3 at about W1R2, and charged it then, I hadn't thought about needing to charge it since! So after about 19 runs, I think it had finally given up hope of being charged, and told me what-for in the form of a silent protest.

Luckily, I've got a bit used to my route now, so I ran on for about 2 minutes more (possibly a bit longer), walked for a little bit (supposed to be 3 minutes, but I'm not so good at judging time when I'm walking) and ran the rest of the route home. As a result, I'm not so sure the second run was 10 minutes, but I ran to my front door, and did some stretches rather than the 5 minute walk, so I feel it would have been at least 8 minutes of running! (Hopefully ten!)

My mp3 is now recharging, which is what I could do with doing! Hopefully I've learnt that lesson and will remember to plug in every now and again!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Just think by the time it needs charging again, you will have graduated!

• I know what you mean. My daughter's lent me her mp3 player and it doesn't seem to have a way of charging. I think it charges via the laptop...it hasn't run out yet anyway so fingers crossed!

• Yes, my MP3 suddenly ran out of juice on a recent run too and I felt completely lost running in silence, apart from being able to hear all my puffing for a change! Am now making sure that I charge it up more often now so that it doesn't happen again!

You may also like...