Running Without Laura

It was my birthday yesterday ( my 63rd. Interesting that children and old people like to tell you how old they are!) So we had gone out for a meal and a couple of glasses of vino last night. Not ideal preparation for a run in the morning. I had an early night and wakened up this morning 45 minutes ahead of the alarm. It would have been easy to turn over but instead I got out of bed and put on the running kit I had laid out the night before.

I went to get Laura but she must have had a bad night too because when I turned her on her battery was dead so I had to leave her at home. I set off without her and with only my phone so that I could time my run.

I set off at a very moderate pace and completed the run without incident. I could have run for longer and I could have run faster but I decided that I wouldn't do either which meant I was running within myself. There will be plenty of time later if I decide that I want to go further or faster. When I have run in the (dim and distant) past I seemed to be obsessive about running for longer and faster till in the end it was taking up too much time so I stopped altogether. I want to keep this going this time.

I am still very much the fat lad at the back and I do need to get some weight off. But I am running albeit slowly.

For the record today's run was week 8 run 1.

22 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I'm impressed, I have had to run in silence due to technical failures and I hated it and really struggled. Happy Birthday for yesterday too. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Many thanks Possum. Sometimes silence is golden.

• Well done..again! And Happy Birthday too. Could you not change now to 'Fit Lad' (and only at the back cos he's running within himself)? :)

• Thank you for the wishes day wishes and all the best for your run. Will be fat lad for a while McFitty.

• Good effort this morning completed in silence I had the privilege of Julie this morning I now know what everyone was on about now. Happy Birthday to you as well I have mine on the 7th August two days after we should finish our fabulous journey of sofa checker to runner.

• Ahhh you met Julie! What did you think?

• Got the feeling she could leave me astray

• Haha I took her on holiday with me in week 8! Lucky old Julie!

• I should meet her in a few days!! Can't wait!

• I didn't know Laura had a pal. Double trouble. Well done on your run. Back in harness tomorrow.

• Thanks me thinks I will just go for the time tomorrow keeping the horses in check until next week

• Happy Birthday... and very, very well done you :)

As Confucius said, " It does not matter how slow you go... as long as you do not stop."

I agree with McFitty .. Fit lad at the back sounds much more like it :)

• Many thanks Floss.

• Happy birthday ๐ŸŽ‚. Good work. I hate running to silence so well done x

• Well done - I didn't dare go out without Laura until after graduation (think she's been an emotional crutch for a lot of people) so you've done really, really well! Hope you had a lovely birthday too! Only five runs left until graduation now!

• Thanks for the birthday wishes.

• Happy birthday! I love your attitude to running - you're right, there will be plenty of time later to go further and faster! Right now it's all about doing the programme and enjoying it too. Graduation isn't far off now :) good luck!

• Thanks for your kind words and birthday wishes.

• Well done, and without Laura too, I am not sure I could leave her yet..........

๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚ Happy birthday to you ๐ŸŽค We are the same age today! ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ However, tomorrow I will be in front of you (for a change! ) at least in age๐ŸŽ‚.

Another checked off and under the belt - Hip hip hurrah for you.

See you on Wednesday, I am prepping in a similar fashion as you did yesterday!๐Ÿท

• Happy birthday what a near coincidence. Have a lovely time and good luck on your next run.

• Hope you had a great Birthday Nightingale !

Youre doing great, keep going ! :-) xxx

• Thank you Poppy.

You may also like...