Wk4, Run 1, First ever Blog!

I thought my running days were over. For the last year I have been dealing with arthritic knees, painful Achilles tendons & Plantar Fascitis. Physio wasn't helping & I was gaining weight. I'd been thinking about trying some light interval training, but kept overdoing it & ending up with more pain :-( .

Since starting C25K a few weeks ago, everything has changed! Right from day 1, Laura's motivating pod-casts have kept me moving, pain-free!! I can hardly believe that I ran for 5 minutes (twice!), then ended up repeating week one just because I'd got a bit lost on my route!! I'd love to hear from any other Meno-nannies out there who are also at war with the ageing process!! :-) .

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hello! Its good to have you here! I finished the programme a few weeks ago and its been amazing! I cannot believe I can run! The support on here is fantastic. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Ps - Iam not a meno-nanny (I dont think) - do you have to be menopausal and a grandparent?! Iam 49, overweight and possibly peri-menopausal - does that count? :D

• Hi Holly, great to hear from you! Well done on graduating - I can't imagine being there just 5 weeks from now, but it seems to be working so far! I'm sure the weight will be falling off you now you can jog for 30 minutes & you will be looking & feeling fab for your big 5 - 0!

• That is fantastic to hear! It must be absolutely life-transforming for you. Welcome to the blog site - I find it immensely supportive and positive even when things don't go so well. Now you're here, keep in touch - it's so encouraging to someone like me on week 3 and slightly (VERY) apprehensive about whether I can do this to hear about people just ahead and getting there.

• Hi Soozz, You're so right, this site & the whole program are so motivating, it makes you feel that anything is possible! I think I'm getting a bit addicted already - been on here more than Facebook lately! Keep going!

• Congratulations to you I have just completed week 4 but sadly my Achilles is still painful but interestingly as get towards the end of each run the pain goes. Good for you And keep going

• I agree, gentle controlled jogging seems to be reducing the pain! All year I've been 'resting' by just going on long walks but these just aggravated the problem - wish I'd found Laura sooner! Thanks for the support & good luck.

You may also like...