Week 3, run 1

Just completed my first session of Week 3 successfully, and thoroughly surprised myself by really enjoying it. :)

I got into a (snail's) pace, kept it up, and found that my breathing just went along with that. I didn't feel like my lungs were about to fall out, like at the beginning of Week 1, and I actually found myself looking around and enjoying the scenery. The scenery is mostly bushes, because I run along a path/cycle path that used to be a railway line, but they're nice bushes!

It wasn't easy, and I'm very slow, but I never thought I'd be able to run for 3 minutes, and now I'm really looking forward to trying to run for 5 mins next week!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is brilliant, it is a wonderful feeling when you start enjoying as opposed to enduring, a run! I did up to week 7 on a treadmill due to being so self conscious but I love running outdoors now, enjoying the sights sounds and smells (well maybe not all the smells!) from the fields and woods round here.

• Isn't it just? I'd have been running indoors if I had access to a treadmill, but there's a small nature reserve a 3min walk from my house, so it made sense to go there - but early in the morning or at tea time so hardly anyone else is around!

You may also like...