Middle of summer but the NE coast of Scotland can be a cold wet place for Parkrun runners!

Middle of summer but the NE coast of Scotland can be a cold wet place for Parkrun runners!

It was cold, it was wet, it was windy but still they turned out for their Parkrun 5K in Aberdeen this morning. Well done Rose885 for braving the elements. It was a very cold wet morning indeed. We had a lovely coffee and toasted tea cake at Satrosphere afterwards which just hit the right spot for the officials who had spent over an hour in the pouring rain, we were soaked!!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I got soaked today too but at least I wasn't as hot as usual. Mmm tea cake sounds good!

• Well done! I'm afraid that the lashing rain and the fact that the Parkrun was not in the usual place but would include 'Carole's hill' kept me indoors. I feel like a right wuss!

• i was really lucky we had some sun for our parkrun :)

• Aw oldgirl you are a hero for standing in that rain! I was actually glad to be running and at least warm. I wasn't very happy with my time but I think the wind slowed me down or at least that's my excuse. Fingers crossed it's dry for this weekend :)

You may also like...