starting again - at week 5

I graduated a couple of months ago but life has been crazy and I've fallen off the wagon a bit and have only been running about once a fortnight (whoops).

So here I go again, did week 5 run 1 this morning, 3 five minute jogs. It was challenging but managable so I am probably at the right point, rather than heading straight back into it I am going to repeat week 5 run 1 3 times, then week 5 run 2 three times before carrying on with the plan as noraml - this should help build up my stamina and fitness up again.

While it's depressing that I have let my fitness go and couldn't run for 30mins right now I am still pleased to be able to run for 5mins, much more than I could do before I started then plan!

xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • i get the impression that the base fitness improvement stays quite a while and doesnt take long to shoot back up to the highpoint reached. You will probably find that after a couple of runs you can run straight into week 5 run 3 without too much trouble.

Good luck :)

• Thanks! good to know! xx

• I am the same, really let my running fall by the wayside and it's depressing. I am going out today and just going to run until I've had enough!! We'll get there :)

You may also like...