Newbie Alert!

Hi there.

I begin my journey tomorrow.

I have never been a 'runner' but see the health benefits and although I am nervous, I am excited to see whether I can stick to it and become a fitter, more active, me.

I hope so as I have put my name down for a 5k in August and I would really like to run it...fingers crossed anyway.

I have really enjoyed reading all your stories, and they helped me to finally pick a start date!

Good luck to you all..

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the programme it really does work and you will feel challenged but also pround. Before I started the programme I could not run 20 seconds today with Lauras guidance and support from this group I ran 30 minutes in week 7 I just could not stop.

Let us know how things go.

• Welcome, and good luck! I also started week 1 this week, 2 runs down and I'm hankering for the next - I honestly never thought I'd be saying that, even just a few days ago!! Keep us posted :)

• Welcome! The hardest bit is the starting, so well done for taking the first steps. Your goal of 5k in August is a great one to have as it will keep you focused. Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

• Good luck on your journey! You will find lots of support on here, it's a fantastic programme and you will soon be hooked!

• Good luck, I started in April and am now on week six, I hadn't run since school over twenty years ago and I just ran for twenty minutes.

this program is amazing

You may also like...