Stress buster!

Major stress today, family crisis. I won't go into it but after a day of hand wringing and worry and being utterly helpless, I decided to go out for a run.

It's a rest day and swelteringly hot so I decided to just leisurely jog. I didn't get that fatigue after five minutes or even get out of breath. I was able to gather my thoughts and get things into perspective. I didn't time myself but I did break into a sprint for about ten seconds and thought sod that!

I feel so much better now, it's not solved anything but that knot in my stomach has gone!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Glad the run has helped ease a little of the stress :) Hope the family crisis is over and you have all come through unscathed. Virtual hugs to you (((Hug)))

• Thankyou so much Ali! That's really kind! Not over but certainly in perspective!

• Echoing what AliB said above.. hope all's OK. I have found this running malarkey extremely helpful for stress busting and allowing you a few minutes to yourself to sort your thoughts (or to 'zone out.'). Sending you best wishes.

• Thankyou! Yes! I felt so much better. Mountains reduced to hills!

• Glad you manged to destress and hope everything turns out OK

• Thankyou, I think it will.

• I find that when I run my mind goes completely blank so it's always a welcome break from whatever else is going on in my life. Hope all is well.

You may also like...