30 minutes of actual running by default.lol....OMG!

Arrived at gym tonight with iPod but no ear phones.... Made decision to run without..... Struggled to get into zone at first and first five minutes of run very hard... Covered timer over and focused.... 9kph speed and actually 22 minutes further on (so actually now 27 mins run total) realised.. Was feeling really good though,so actually took run time to 30 mins, to then slow to 6kph walk.... OMG...... I did it... 3 months ago, at age 48 and no exercise since age 16, I am astounded, proud and amazed.... Granted, I have taken longer than 10 weeks, but so what!... So, so elated.. If you are reading this and struggling, keep it going and don't give in.. OMG, IT FEELS GOOD.......

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • woo hoo that's great. well done you :) you should feel really proud. 30 mins is an awesome achievement

• That is wonderful, truly chuffed for you x

• Well done that's really good, a great achievement :)

• Good speed as well. 9kph is not to be sniffed at.

• Get you running for 30 minutes!! Horay :)

• Hi all.

So many thanks for comments..... Nice.. Feathers all fluffed up well and truly now and feeling good... Thank you all......

• Awesome effort.. it does feel good doesn't it? And well done for perservering when your routine (music) was disrupted!

You may also like...