You and Julie, you and Julie...W8R1

It's getting hard! But the music in W8 is hilariously bad and I'm quite enjoying the cheesieness of it all. I was tired this morning - a bad night's sleep and woke up at 7.15 to the sounds of rain banging against my window. Rolled over and went back to sleep - then at 8 I checked again and saw that the weather had improved! Got up and straight into running clothes and out. It was a bit of a struggle, my legs felt sort of tight (? - hard to explain) and it wasn't until about 15 minutes in that I felt like I had found a stride. Was pretty pleased to hear Laura saying that there was only 5 minutes to go! Ran for 4.25k, so broke the 4km barrier. Really hoping that the additional 2 minutes next week will get me over 4.5, and that then it will just a matter of pushing through the last half k when I race on Sunday week.

The more I do, the better I feel. I also think that it is now when there are longer lengths of running that I feel the difference in my body - I feel a bit more toned. Yesterday I resurrected a dress I haven't worn for a few years out of the drawers and put it on - not half bad! Wore it to work and was relieved that, unlike usually, I didn't have to wear any control pants with it! It's things like that that help me keep going. I had a string of bad dates with a boy just after I had got going on this programme, got dumped 2 months ago. Since then my confidence has been very low, but I'm now feeling a little smug that I'm looking fitter than I have for years and he will get NO benefit from this! Perhaps the best kind of revenge...

I think there are some other W8ers out there - glad to know I'm not alone!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. Be smug and proud of such sweet revenge.

Magic pants should also be free from NHS :)

Can't wait for Wk8 (next week) only because all you week eighters keep going on about this darn Julie song and I need to know what all the fuss is about. Its one of my primary motivators at the moment!

• You'll definitely understand the fuss! And it'll be stuck in your head all day...

• there's a bad man in my history too... Sod 'em they not worth our time, we have running and smiling to do :)

It's Julie and then the reggae like tune... Running and giggling is strangely possible :)

• I remember when I got to week 8 and Julie came on and I had to laugh out loud that finally I was hearing the famous song!

Well done on getting this far, you'll show that sucker what he's missing out on :)

• I think that the music is a bit Eurovision - you know that it isn't the greatest but you get fond of it. I found myself doing Week 1 again because I missed the music! Can't wait for the Julie song!

Congrats on the run. Life is too short for bad dates- if you didn't feel happy he wasn't good enought for you (what bad manners as well). Probably isn't fit enough for you now anyway ...

• I won't lie, I'm debating re-doing week 8 instead of moving onto week 9 this weekend just so I can listen to You and Julie a couple more times. I. Love. It.

Well done on showing everyone what the idiot is missing out on!

• Well done SaCl - I'm on Week 8 as well and I do wonder if the music will spur me on to week 9 and then finally to listen to my own! Never mind the boy - my mum always used to say "if he's for you he'll not go by you!" :-) I got dumped by the 'love of my life' and was 'heartbroken' in my twenties - and this year will have been married to a truly brilliant man for 25 years!

• Damn, got the You and Julie song in my head after reading this. Thanks !

Actually, I've grown rather fond of it.....

You may also like...