Disaster strikes!!

I set off for my run this morning W3R2 and I noticed I only had 1 bar on my battery, thought it would last ok though...WRONG! I was just doing the second recovery walk & it cut out! So I thought I'd just try to run & walk to the points that I thought I had in the last run, IT WAS HARD WITHOUT LAURA!

The first think I noticed was the silence, apart for my panting like a dog & my feet slapping the pavement, no wonder people turn around when they hear me coming LOL.

The next thing I noticed was that I wasn't listening to the music, listening for a change in the beat to know I was coming to the end..but instead was thinking, Can I do it? Yes I can...No I can't! It totally threw me, not having the guidence and the encouragment. In the end I decided to just keep running the usual route and heading for the next lamp post, roundabout, bus stop etc.

I came back hot sweaty and out of breathe...I hope I did enough but I'll just see how R3 goes, if I struggle I do it once more!!

Note to self: Keep phone fully charged!! :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • At least you carried on! I'm a disaster with my phone and always managed to do something to knock it off and even now that I got a shiny new one and can finally use running apps, after 2 months still haven't got the hang of it!

The sound of me breathing is the biggest distraction when my music is gone!

• Its the first time this has happened but it's taught me a lesson...I can't do this on my own, I need Laura & I need the music!

I couldn't have given up & gone home, once you've made the effort to get out there, you HAVE to carry on, I couldn't believe how awful I sounded, I need the music to drown me out :)

• My mum and i sync Ipods but once I clicked on the wrong podcast and got very confused! Luckily I followed my mum until the recovery and managed to get back on time. I'm not to good with chargers either. :)

You may also like...