Week 4 Worries

I'm due to start week 4 tomorrow and I'm starting to worry about it. I was really pleased that I managed to get through all 3 week 3 runs without stopping (which I didn't manage in weeks 1/2!) but I honestly don't think I could have taken another step at the end! Plus, I was definitely "running" slower than I was walking as my route was much shorter than in week two, or even week one! But reading through everyone's comments, I know that pace is less important than just carrying on! Good job really!

I think I'm going to give Week 4 a try tomorrow morning, but might need to go back to week 3 first if it proves too much. We'll see! Still looking forward to it, weirdly!

Jess

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck with week 4. For me it was about trying to keep my beathing as calm and steady as I could. Once I did this I got there. Enjoy your run.

• I'm due to start W4 this week too and feel just the same as you. I did manage the previous weeks without stopping but it seems like such a huge step up in running time and such a huge cut to recovery time this week.

I've also covered less distance in W3 but I'm not going to worry about that so long as I'm "running".

Good luck!

• you will do just fine, take it very easy and relaxed, you'll surprise yourself :)

• Let us know how you got on! Am also starting Week 4 tonight and 5 mins sounds like an eternity......Good Luck!

• Hi everyone, thanks for your comments! I did Week 4 run 1 this morning and unbelievably managed to do it! (Nearly...) I flaked out for 90 seconds during the final 5 minutes but I was so so happy anyway, I didn't think I'd manage anywhere near that much of it! Fully expected to not get through the first 5 min run, let alone the other 3 and 5 ones!! I thought I was about to die at the half way point of the first 5 min run but kept going and the next couple of minutes seemed to pass really quickly! Think my pace has improved a tiny bit from last week too though i'm not worrying about that too much! Can't wait to get out on Thursday again now!

Katsmeat and SammyJo - good luck with starting week 4, if I can do it I'm sure you'll be fine!!

You may also like...