W5 R3 : I did the 20 min run!! I didnโ€™t think I... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

120,601 members โ€ข 151,160 posts

W5 R3

BeginnerCouch25K profile image

I did the 20 min run!! I didnโ€™t think I could do it but once I started I knew I was going to finish. You all were so right ๐Ÿ˜Š

25 Replies
โ€ข
AlMorr profile image
AlMorrGraduate

Congratulations on completing run 3 of week 5, that is a milestone run with C25K, onwards and upwards to week 6 run 1 but be careful about that run as it catches out some people with the interval walks and runs after the non stop 20 minutes of W5R3 which you have just ran

Okay cool. Thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ˜Š

doggytail profile image
doggytailGraduate

Well done. I start week 2 tomorrow x

Thatโ€™s great! Trust the process. We can do more than we think we can ๐Ÿ˜Š

Instructor57 profile image
Instructor57Moderator

Well done completing week 5 run 3 Be mindful of week 6 runs 1 and 2 as they often catch people out !

Thanks. Ya itโ€™s tempting to go faster but I donโ€™t want to get ahead of myself!

Mrsrun profile image
MrsrunGraduate

Well done . I guess that run is very much a mental battle ! I have that run on Thursday.

sTrongFuse profile image
sTrongFuseGraduate in reply to Mrsrun

Do you listen to music when you run? If you do, make a 20 minute paylist and just count the songs instead of minutes.

W5R3 is actually a whole minute shorter than W5R2, you're just swapping a 5 minute brisk walk section in the middle with a slightly shorter 4 minute run section.

Good luck for Thursday.

Mrsrun profile image
MrsrunGraduate in reply to sTrongFuse

Thank you for the heads up on music will get a play list together and how to play it and the couchto5k at the same time .....

sTrongFuse profile image

If you start the playlist on Spotify/your music app and then start the C25K app it should work. You just need to remember to include a song to cover the 5min warm up at the start.

Mrsrun profile image

Ohhhh ...Doing a play list now and forgot that.. A big thank you.

sTrongFuse profile image

Good luck, but I'm sure you've got it.

Mrsrun profile image

Shall try it out. Thanks for your help

This is a good tip!

Itโ€™s definitely a mental battle. Once you realise you can do it itโ€™s not so hard at all !

Panda_eyes profile image
Panda_eyesGraduate

Amazing! Well done this is a big one so good on you for completing it. I find the non stop runs better than the intervals. Keep going and donโ€™t stop running. Enjoy the rest of the programme ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸŽ‰

That must be why people say W6R1 is harder. Thank you so much for the kind words ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done. I was surprised once I completed 20 minutes as well ok 21/07. Start of week six is delayed for me until Thursday due to ankles swelling due to bug bites. I'm looking forward to it though.

Well done! Iโ€™m so proud of myself too. Hope your ankles are better soon.

Thank you

That run is amazing isnโ€™t it? getting 20 whole minutes without and breaks is so exciting, well done!

Yes! It feels like such a milestone ๐Ÿ˜Š

WillowandSola profile image
WillowandSolaGraduate in reply to BeginnerCouch25K

And over half way to graduation ๐Ÿ˜€

GoGo_JoJo profile image
GoGo_JoJoModerator

Bet you're still grinning! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป it really is the BEST feeling. Well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Absolutely! Iโ€™ve tried couch25k a couple of times and this is the furthest Iโ€™ve gotten so Iโ€™m beaming ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...